Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Day in My Shoes


Ruby Red Slippers 
 Check out My Shoes!  

This is just one of the several themed linkys through TBA's International Blog-Hopping Day Event.  This linky asks you to post your favorite pair of shoes and/or tell about a typical day in your shoes.  Here are my favorite shoes:

Flip Flops!

Okay, I know they're not the most fashion trendy or the most teacher appropriate, but they're comfortable!!  Another great feature is that you can get them in several colors!  I especially love the Old Navy brand because they're cheap!  I can even wear them to school as long as my attire is still dress casual!  This is helpful because it takes close to 8 minutes to walk from end to end of our building and that's a lot of walking every time you need to walk to the office!

A day in my shoes: School Version

6:00 - Alarm goes off
6:02 - 6:20 - Shower
6:20 - 7:00 - Eat breakfast, watching morning news
7:00-7:30 - Get dressed, hair, make-up, etc.
7:45 - Out the door!
8:00 - Get to school, put lunch in fridge, turn on SMART board, prepare for kids
8:20 - Kids arrive
8:20-8:50 - Kids come at different times.  Until this year, kids would do morning work and unpack during this time.  This coming year, from 8:30-8:45 students will be doing Chinese exercises to go along with our school's IB requirement.  
8:50-9:30 - Specials = my plan time!
9:30-10:15 - GET IT time = an acronym I can't remember but it's our RtI time
10:15-11:45 - Reading Block
11:45 - 12:20 - Science, Social Studies, Health, PYP Unit
12:20-1:00 - Recess, Lunch
1:00 - 1:45 - Writer's Workshop
1:45 - 2:55 - Math Block
2:55-3:00 - Prepare for Dismissal
3:00 - Dismissal!
3:00 - 3:15 - Car Rider Duty for Dismissal
3:15  - 5:00 - Time in my classroom working
5:00 - Go home!
5:30 - Dinner with Fiancee
6-7 - Talk with Nate, watch evening news
7:00 - Nate goes to bed
7-10 - Alone time pinteresting, blogging, homework grading, etc.
10 p.m. - Bed time!
 
A day in my shoes: summer version
 
Wake up - whenever
Get dressed - 2:45 p.m.
Work-out -  3:00 - 4:00 
5:30 - Dinner with Fiancee
6-7 - Talk with Nate, watch evening news
7:00 - Nate goes to bed
7-10 - Alone time pinteresting, blogging, homework grading, etc.
10 p.m. - Bed time!
 
 
Haha!  It's not that way everyday obviously.  I have had some trainings and things over the summer that have required me to get dressed, but recently because of the heat, I have only left the house to go workout!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your summer schedule! Looks a lot like mine, although that "get dressed" step varies quite a bit!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete