The long story of me wanting to do this project made short:
1. I have always struggled with getting students to return homework. I think between lack of incentive and lack of parent involvement it just doesn't get down.
2. Enter me pinteresting away "homework incentives" "homework organization" and "homework management. (This was last summer).
3. I ended up deciding to go with Homeworkopoly via Ladybug Teacher Files.
My kids really liked it but I didn't for three main reasons.
- I felt like we never had enough time in the day to do it. So I didn't do it with full integrity.
- It was hard to manage which spaces got prizes and what those prizes were. Most of the "prizes" like extra computer time, etc. ended up being more than a distraction than incentive.
- Even with Homeworkopoly I had on average 3-4 students doing their homework weekly.
Don't judge me.
6. I got my cookie sheet right away - the day after she posted her Monday Made It. I really liked her color theme as well, but it was just a little off from my pink and green classroom. So it took me this long to create something. Here's what I came up with.
From My Credits Page
Original Idea: Molly from Lessons with Laughter
Use of Numbers and Design Inspiration: Tara from 4th Grade Frolics
Graphics Courtesy of:
Fonts Courtesy of:
Kimberly Geswein Fonts
Classroom Photos Update #2
If you don't follow me on Instagram check out my classroom photos here!!
Goodnight blog world!