Friday, June 28, 2013

New Blog Design, Homework, and Remind 101

First of all isn't my new design b-e-a-utiful?!! I'd like to thank Dreamlike Magic Designs for once again hooking me up with a fab design!  Check her out http://dreamlikemagic.com/


Second, I haven't liked how I've done homework, but I never had any inspiration or time to think about it until I saw this post.  Abby from Third Grade Bookworm is having a linky.
I encourage you to link up and share how you do homework - I'm trying to debate between homework every night or a packet/week.  Thoughts?  Click on Abby's button to check out her blog!

 
 
Third, while I was on Facebook I saw CrissCross Applesauce's post about whether or not to give cell phone numbers to parents.  Another discussion spurred by Facebook!  Now this past year I had some difficult behavior issues that required parent contact in the moment.  I had to use my cell - yes we have phones in our class - but it just seemed more quick and effective.  Plus, a lot of my parents do not have internet access.  BUT - almost all of them have cell phones!  I just thought it was unfortunate side effect of working in a low-income school.  ENTER Remind 101.  
 
How have I not heard of this!  Rather than explain how it works I will refer you the lovely blog The Teacher Garden.  Click HERE.  Essentially you can send messages to your parents without giving your number away.  Fabulous!  Yet another great idea I've learned from blogging that will make this year better!  I love blogging! :)

Have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment