Saturday, June 29, 2013

July Currently

It's that time again!   Time to link up to the Currently on Farley's blog!  Click the image below to link up! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Listening:  I often will turn on a video on Netflix or Abc streaming and just listen to it for background noise.  Not sure what I clicked on this time.

Loving:  So as you all can agree we get SO MANY wonderful ideas from blogging.  Between all the linkys, Made-It Mondays, freebies, awesome Tpt files, etc, there is just so much inspiration.  For the past two summers I have felt like I was drowing in all of the ideas.  I'd see something I wanted to do for homework management and then I'd see something else.  So I'm definitely loving that I'm staying organized with it.  One thing I did do was open up One-Note on my Ipad and create different pages.  Each page is something related to my classroom.  For example - I have headings for:

  • Note taking Ideas 
  • CAFE
  • Math Workshop
  • Student center ideas/task cards
  • Common core
  • Teacher supplies
  • Student Supplies
  • Conferencing
  • Technology
  • Tpt stuff I need!
  • Weekly Linkys I want to participate in
I have a page for pretty much everything you can find in a blog.  Then what I do when I'm blogging - if I find something that I know will have a great chance of actually occurring in my classroom - I cut and paste the link into my one note file.  *The trick is differentiating between "This is cool I'm going to pin that" and "I am DEFINITELY DOING THAT THIS YEAR."  I only put the latter in this file.  Then I take this file and my pic collage (see below) on my ipad when I'm out and I have immediate access to the ideas from blogland while I'm scouring Target, Hobby Lobby, Michael's etc.  Because if I don't write it down I see plastic containers at Target and then I catch myself thinking "oh god, did someone have a good use for these????"

Thinking:  There is just not enough time in the day.  As you know we got married a couple of weeks ago.  Well, since most of our family did not come to Maui with us, we are having a big reception on July 20th for our family.  Our wedding planner lost her job so we have a new lady we're working with - the whole thing has just been stressful.  I don't even want to mess with it to be honest - I'm fine with blogging.

Wanting: a laminator.  I really want to stack up on center files, task cards, etc and laminate.  Any laminator suggestions?  I also need to order my new Erin Condren planner.  And reading this post from Ladybug Teacher Files convinced me I need to purchase a subscription to Spelling City.

Needing: to unpack and clean.  I always need to do that though.  No point in elaborating any further.

Tips, Tricks, Hints:  I don't also blog on my phone but I do follow a lot of blogs on Facebook  - which I most often check through my phone.  I basically use Pic Collage much like I use One Note.  Yes I have pinterest for all my ideas.  But I find myself going to pinterest and having so many things I have to sort through.  So pic collage is for the items that I want to buy for certain projects.  So for example if I wanted to make those marble magnets.  I would add the picture of the finished project and then in a text box next to it create a list of what I need to buy.  It's easier and faster to pull that up rather than pull up pinterest, click on the link for blog, and then scroll to find it.  Whatever organization system works for you, but use one.  I spend a lot of money on blog projects last year because I would see something one week and want to do it and then the next week I would have all new ideas.  Staying organized has definitely helped me shop with a purpose.  Which is much needed when I walk into Target.

Speaking of Target - have you heard of ShopKicks?  Amazing!  Basically it's an app and you have the app open when you go to certain stores.  You get kicks sometimes from just walking into the store - other times you have to scan items with your phone.  But then you can trade in your kicks for gift cards!  Amazing!  Check it out and help us both get extra kicks.  Click here

6,250 kicks = $25 gift card to Target - you can get 50 kicks just from walking into Target.  It may take a couple months to stack up but if you're like me - it won't take long~!

Have a great Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. I often just listen to videos/TV shows as background noise too. I can "watch" a whole movie and have no idea what happened!

    I found you through the Currently Linky :)

    Jessica
    English With Mrs. L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing when it comes to keep blogging ideas organized. I use EverNote to stay organized. This has been a good summer for me in that way too.
    I have a Scotch brand laminator and it works just perfectly.

    Kim
    Mrs. H's Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Scotch Brand Laminator now, but I had a Purple Cow laminator from Costco $15 it worked just fine until my puppy chewed the cord into two pieces:(

    I use Spelling City for my weekly homework as well. I haven't purchased the full membership, but my kiddos love doing it!

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on ShopKicks. That is pretty cool and we basically live at Target. that will be downloaded immediately.
    That list will just keep on growing. It is the nature of the beast.

    I found your blog through Currently
    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend sent me an invitation to ShopKicks awhile back. I had never heard of it, so I ignored it. Now I am grabbing my phone to download the app. Thank you!

    Following you :)
    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my Scotch laminator. Well worth the $30 at Wal-Mart. The laminating pouches are much cheaper at Sam's Club, though!

    MissGilbert01@gmail.com
    Sunshine, Sand and Scissors

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Scotch Laminator as well. I bought it through one of Amazon's lightning deals for about $20! Best $20 spent in my life! In fact, I have two! I keep one at school for small projects.

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have found your blog through the currently linky! I am going to be teaching 4th grade this year for the first time after teaching 3rd grade for 6 years. I am looking forward to following you! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete