Monday, February 20, 2012

Organzing: Right on Target

Like Christina Bainbridge I was so excited after reading Amy @ The Resource Room post that I dropped everything I was doing and ran straight to Target.  Only to be extremely disappointed by the $$ spot.  The shelves were empty.  EMPTY. empty.  Saying those words is making me sad even now as I type it.  THAT HAS NEVER EVER EVER HAPPENED.  I walked around the little section like two or three times in disbelief. 

I did need a few hair items, so I decided to walk around.  While walking around I did find....



The green and aqua bins have had my eye - ever since I read these two posts from Jen @ IHeart Organizing

To store medicine...

For bathroom his and hers....
She posted this after I had already cleaned my linen closet and I really didn't have a use for them.

So tonight I was standing in front of them and a light bulb went off.  My students PYP reflection journals were given to me this year in a box.  They still sit on a shelf in my classroom in a cardboard box.  I could put their journals in this cute little container and that would make my room so adorable.

OMG!  As I was typing about my use for them in the classroom, I LITERALLY just thought of another great use.  I have all of these teacher manuals leaned up against each other that would look adorable in that container!  I need to go to Target and get more!

Sorry for that interruption, anyway the lime green one is going to school because it matches my cupcake pink and lime green color scheme.  You will have to wait and see if I use it for journals or teacher's manuals.  Maybe I will have to go get another one.

The aqua one is staying at home.  At first, I bought it to store hair brushes, blow dryer, flat iron, etc. I was hoping it would sit on the back of my toilet.  But alas, it is too big.  So my next idea was to sit it underneath the sink and store the same items in it.  It is too big to fit under there......
So I still have to find something to store my brushes and hair stuff in.  Currently they are all lying on top of the bathroom sink - making it look cluttered and nasty.  Any suggestions?

So this is my current use for the aqua container.
 Before


After

It currently has the flashlight, coupons, and a few other odds and ends that I haven't had time to sort out yet.  

Moving on to the red fruit organizer that you saw in the above picture.  Target has the cutest color coordinated kitchen decor.  Orange, white, black, red, teal wine racks, table cloths, containers, fruit bowls, cereal bowls, etc.  While I wanted to grab one of everything, my budget allowed me to only buy what was immediately necessary.  Nathan and I both eat a lot of fruit, and this is how it had been stored....
 Before

After

I really like the red.  When we actually have a house, I hope to have a red and white kitchen.

Moving on to the school supplies....

 Clipboard on the front with notepad inside!
 Expanding File folder
Both of the above items are part of a newer collection that I have seen called contemporary designs.  They have two sets: the orange and pink style you see above or a gray with blues and greens.  They have binders that come with cute dividers, file folders, clipboards, clipboard with notepads, sticky note holders, tape dispensers, pencil holders.  All cute and matchy.  I grabbed these two things out of necessity, but I sure do wish I could afford to completely renovate my desk!

I have several notebooks from Vista print, notepads from the Target Dollar spot, and other planners that I have taken with me in the past to staff meetings.  But when I saw this clipboard/notepad combination thing today - I automatically thought of how organized I could be at the staff meeting at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow!  I am a sucker for cute, colorful school supplies.  

The expanding file folder is going to accompany this beauty..
 Now if I had been thinking logically instead of acting out of pure excitement, I would've gotten the grey, blue and greet scheme to match my bag.  But oh well. 
So the file folder will semi-replace my color folders per inspiration from this CFC post


All the colorful notebooks you see above were on clearance for $1 at Target.  I love all the bright colors - I got one in every design.  They are just composition notebooks, and I currently have no idea what I will use them for.  Your ideas and suggestions are welcome.  I just had to have them!

The next item I didn't get today.  I got a few weeks ago at Target for $12.  As usual I see a blog post or a pin and I get inspired.  This particular item was inspired by a post I had seen on I <3 Organizing about using Pottery Barn's home organization system to organize keys, mail, etc.  Nathan and I are so bad about sorting mail and just leaving it in a pile, so I picked this up....
Hanging on the wall above new aqua basket...

So here is my running total for today's shopping experience

Lg Weave Green & Teal Baskets   $ 9.99 ea
Red Fruit Basket  $12.99
Composition Notebooks  $1 ea
Expanding File Folder $10.99
Clip-pad  $5.99

Again, it's not as cheap as buying from the Dollar spot, but I am very happy with the organization tools I got.  Tomorrow I go back to school.  Hopefully I will remember to take pictures of the classroom and whatever I use the green container for.  Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the bins!!!! I have that exact same teacher bag :) and the colorful notebooks Awesome!! Thanks for sharing, and mentioning me on your blog!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete